Monday, January 19, 2009

Louie Triathlon

This coming Sunday, January 25, I will be participating in the 8th Annual Louie Tri, which will be my first Olympic distance triathlon (swim .93mi, bike 24.8mi, run 6.2mi) and the first time I'll be swimming in the San Francisco Bay. The Louie Tri use to be known as the Iron Team Olympic distance Practice Triathlon, however 8 years ago, a few days before the event, Louie Bonpua passed away after losing his battle with Leukemia. Now, the Louie Tri is held every year in his memory.

If you are interested in coming to volunteer and cheer, let me know and I'll send you the details. The event is held on Treasure Island. Even though I've lived in the Bay Area all my life and driven past the island many times going across the Bay Bridge, this will my first time on Treasure Island.

I've posted this video previously. Watch to learn more about Louie Bonpua, my inspiration to complete Vineman and become an Ironman.

No comments: