Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Juggling Priorities

I've learned that I can do anything that I set my mind to, but I can't do everything...at least not at the same time. So lately, I've had to prioritize work, Ironman training, maintaining household, and catching up on all the various tasks that I've been getting behind on, so keeping up this post was on the bottom of the list.

Although work has been very busy, I have been keeping up with my training. Since I began this journey on November 8, 2008, I have swam over 40 miles, biked over 700 miles and ran over 147 miles and still have much more ground and water to cover in the next few months.

This past weekend, my coaches honored me with the IronTeam's spirit cape, recognizing me for my perseverance, hard work, drive and determination in every aspect of my training. I need to decorate the cape before I hand it back in our next coached workout in another week. I know exactly what I want to put on it, but need to make the time to get it done...I'll share more about the cape and what I put on it in a future post.

So now you know that I'm still here and on track with my Ironman goals. Also, big thanks to those who have helped me raise to date $4145 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). My goal is to raise at least $6000 by 5/1/09 for the LLS, a highly respected national health agency dedicated to finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's Disease and myeloma and improving the quality of life of patients and their families. No amount is too big or small. It all adds up and helps to save lives. Go to this link for more details on how to donate: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/VineFIrn09/jjay

2 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Way to go, Jennifer! The Spirit Cape sounds like a great idea! Thanks for doing TNT and for making a difference in the fight against cancer.

It is a lot to do all at one time with only 24 hours in a day, isn't it - especially training for an inron man while working! Can't imagine! Art

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for adding Brenda to the Spirit Cape! Go Team! CW