Monday, May 18, 2009

Week 26 & 27 Recap

I haven't posted anything since April 28th since the past two weeks were build weeks = long days = no time to do anything other than work, train, eat, sleep, repeat. I'm swimming up to two miles in the pool now, which takes me about 80 minutes. I also started swimming with a Masters Swim group on Thursdays to help improve my swim time and get further coaching. My long run is up to 12 miles now with a slow but steady pace (10:00-11:00/mile). Here are some photos from the past two weeks:

5/9: Bike 63 miles of Vineman course, Sonoma County










5/12 I feel myself getting stronger riding further up Mt. Diablo with easier effort. Made it past the 1000' marker sign and almost to the ranch house before I had to turn around before sunset. This was the first time it occurred to me that I can ride up to the 3849' summit on my bike.

5/16 I rode 60 miles in Napa county through Pope Valley & Silverado Trail. I love this photo of teammate Belinda who supported the ride by volunteering at a water stop. Although the ride seemed challenging because the temperature was in the upper 90s to 100F, the scenery is so beautiful, it helps take my mind off the heat.

5/17 The workout called for an on your own triathlon. I swam 1.3 miles in 45 minutes, biked for two hours and was suppose to run 70 minutes, but decided to pull back (temp was 102F) and walked for 40 minutes instead.

After three weeks of build phase, this week is finally recovery week where the workouts ease off a bit. I need this time to give my muscles a break and prepare for next weekend - 3/4 to Ironman, where I'll be swimming 2 miles, biking 100 miles, and running 16 miles. It is so hard for me to believe how much I have accomplished in these quick 27 weeks. Only 12 weeks left until my event!

No comments: