Thursday, May 28, 2009

Triathlon Packing Checklist

Sheesh...it's almost 10pm and I still need to pack for my 3/4 to Ironman Weekend. Packing for a triathlon is more work than just running a marathon. Here's my packing checklist...seems like I'm missing something...

SWIM
  • Body Glide
  • Swim Cap
  • Goggles (2)
  • Swim Suit (under wetsuit)
  • Wetsuit
  • Ear Plugs
  • Sun block
  • Watch
  • Towel
BIKE
  • The Bike!
  • Bike Shoes
  • Bike Gloves
  • Helmet
  • Bike Shorts
  • Bike Jersey
  • Floor Pump
  • CO2 accessories/cartridge
  • Bike pump
  • Patch Kit
  • Tool Set
  • Socks
  • Spare Tire
  • Spare Tube
  • Chain Lube
  • Sunglasses
  • Tire Levers (2)
  • Water Bottle (2)
  • Hydration Pack
  • Map holder
  • Garmin
RUN
  • Fuel Belt
  • Hat/Visor
  • Running Shoes
  • Running Shirt
  • Running Shorts
  • Socks
CLOTHING
  • Flip Flops
  • Post-workout clothes
  • Towel
MISC.
  • Breakfast food (oatmeal, hot chocolate, tea, bagels, juice)
  • Transition Bag
  • Directions
  • Energy drink
  • Energy bars
  • Energy gels
  • Water
  • Snack food (bananas, candy)
  • Wet Clothes Bag
  • Transition area towel
  • Post-workout recovery drink (soy choc milk)
  • Advil
  • Foot powder
  • Preparation H (for blisters on foot)
  • Camera
  • Cell phone
  • Identification
  • Extra zip lock bags
  • Satellite for car
  • iPod

1 comment:

bryan farley said...

Found your story compelling. I was very interested to watch the start this year. I will try to stay longer next year, and if I meet you along the way, let me know and I will take more photos.

bf