Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week 23: Bike Focus

This week's focus is on the bike! To prepare for all the riding that I'm doing in the remaining IronTeam training months, a couple weeks ago, I put on new brake pads, tires, tubes and chain on my bike.

On Tuesday, I had a 90-minute spin workout, Wednesday biked 1 hour and this evening I biked a little over an hour up Mt. Diablo to the 1000 foot marker, back down and up to the marker again.

This Saturday, I will be riding the Tour of Napa Century route (100 miles) and on Sunday will be riding in the Primavera Century. The tempertures this weekend is suppose to be in the upper 80F... a bit too hot for the over 5000 feet of climbing I will be doing on both days.

If any one wants to join me on either of this weekend's rides, let me know. Registration is still available for the Primavera Century on the day of the event cash only ($55 for the 70K, 100K and 100 mile ride. Saturday's ride in Napa is just a training ride and is free.

1 comment:

Louis K said...

Are you doing Wildflower next week? How do you guys do 100 mi on sat and 100 mi on Sunday? It seems like you guys have a longer training schedule.

P.S. Your postcard is still sitting here... haha