Sunday, November 8, 2009

On the Road Again!!!

After a hiatus since my Ironman event on 8/1/09, I've decided to train for another Ironman! Which Ironman is still up in the air...trying to decide between Ironman Canada, seeing if I can improve my time at Vineman or possibly Ironman Arizona. I've rejoined the IronTeam for my second year and this time volunteer on the team as staff to help ensure goals come true for the newbies on the team.

Yesterday was the kickoff of our season at U.C. Berkeley, where I graduated 20 years ago!!! Kickoff was held at Wheeler Auditorium. We had a full day there in our first Iron University where the coaches went over the plan for our swim, bike, run and strenth training workouts for the next 10 months of our lives.

Today, I completed my first run (5 miles) and strength training workout. (I made a promise to myself that I'll do a better job in adhering to the strength training working than I did last season.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm glad you're back! I found your blog just last week. I'm a runner who recently decided to get into triathlon training. I enjoyed reading about your journey to becoming a Vineman finisher, and I'll look forward to reading about your training for the next one. :)

(another) Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Thanks Jennifer! If you're blogging about your new adventures in triathlon, send me your link. I'd love to follow your progress as well!

Unknown said...

I more of a lurker in the blogosphere. Mostly so I won't have to endure relentless teasing from my husband and kids. :) I'll send you a Facebook link or something if I do anything significant and write about it. In the meantime, I'll enjoy following your blog.