Monday, March 30, 2009

Bald Guys & Girls Rock

One of youngest IronTeam honoree, Tyler, has just finished his last in-patient chemo last week. He'll start daily radiation in May and after that will have chemo once every 2 weeks. Before week before our team left for Lake San Antonio, Tyler's mom Holly shared with the team a video of Tyler shaving his friend, Michael Zindell's head. Inspired by that video, the clippers were busted out at Lake San Antonio in honor of Tyler. Along with several guys, Moddie was our brave Ironwoman who shaved and in doing so raised $1500 on the spot! All around great ironman & LLS volunteer Mike K created this video documenting that night:



Our other team Honoree Kev who was present sent out this e-mail:

... it was my pleasure to hang out with the team at LSA. I had a lot of fun, and the head shaving thing got me remember of when I woke up one morning (I was about 5 or 6) and my hair was on my pillow. I cried for days.

So it really means a lot to me that the team did this, and it goes to show what kind of people you all are. Hair is something we take for granted, and we are very attached to it and when you lose it it is extremely traumatic. I couldn't control losing my hair, or getting cancer, but those that did shave their hair - you did for the cause, because Tyler lost his hair. I applaud you all for you giving up your vanity for Cancer.

1 comment:

Louis K said...

ohhh... In case you don't know. I know Tyler and Holly. Tyler is the season I join the ironteam. Sorry... you still have to wait for your postcard. I have it... I just haven't mail it =P