Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm ready for this weekend!

I'm overwhelmed with the support, encouragement, prayers and good vibes being sent my way for my three day camping trip to Lake San Antonio and half Ironman on Saturday. I'm (almost) packed. I'm ready physically and now ready mentally! Thank you to Paul, Peni, Claire, Roseann, Diana, Carol, Veronica, Barbara, Sandi, Steve & Carol, JoAnn, Monica, Jill, Rita, Carlos, Cyndi, Megan, Kelly, Prax, Lorraine, Lucy, Steve, Mary, Kay, Diane, Marc, Margaret, Jan, Brandonn, Joyce & Dave, Mary Ann & John, Barry & Marcia, the many others at Wednesday night's Spaghetti Feed for all your words of encouragement and my husband John for ensuring that my car is ready and safe for the journey. I love all this positive reassurance.

I loved this thoughtfully written letter that I received from my '08 Solvang cycling buddy Peni:

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the update on your training. It really is impressive the progress that you have made. I love reading about what you are doing and where you are at with your training. YOU are such an inspiration to me, and now you have me thinking tri. If only I could run, but I have not given up, I keep trying.

I still remember the first time I met you at the info night in Walnut Creek, and how you said you would be learning to ride all over again, that you had not rode a bike since childhood. Remember that night? Yet you were determined to ride, and look where you are at now. I also remember riding the 3 Bears backwards and you were right there with me riding up Papa Bear. If you stop and think about our first training ride, and look at where you are now, you will see that you have come a long way! I believe that there is nothing that you can't do! I wish that you could see yourself through others eyes, and see how inspiring you make us feel. Don't worry about the small stuff, concentrate on having a good time, and why you decided to broaden your horizon and took on this new adventure.

Some day when I grow up I want to be just like you, to inspire others to become fitter, to take on new challenges and to challenge themselves, to help educate others about how great their lives are because they have not had to fight the difficulties of going through some type of cancer, and to raise money for a great cause.

When all is said and done, you will look back on your training days, and realize that it was all worth it, because you will have become a better & stronger person. Be proud, stand tall and know that you can do this! I look forward to reading how you did this weekend, and I look forward to reading your progress as time goes on.

Have FUN!

Love,
Peni

3 comments:

Belinda said...

We are going to do this Jennifer!!! You are amazing and I am in total awe of you always! Lets ROCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer - you look great! I cannot believe you are doing this - but you always achieve everything you set out to do, and this will be no exception. I am very proud of you; keep me posted.

Marilyn

o2bhiking said...

Have a blast! Cheering for you from the East Coast.