Monday, December 1, 2008

My calves are so sore today

After Saturday's workout I felt tired but not sore. Sunday I felt stiff, but was still able to run 5 miles. I think that Sunday run did me in. Today, my calves are so sore. I feel like I just ran a marathon. I should have taken an epsom salt or ice bath. Will try massaging my muscles with the foam roller today.

Last night, I got an e-mail from Coach Nancy stating that this is Recovery Week. "Keep in mind that we DO want you to recover this week, so if you think the workout is not enough PLEASE trust us and do not do extra. The body needs a break in order to then ask a little more of it in the next 3 weeks. This periodization method has been proven very effective." You don't have to tell me twice to not do extra.

These are photos of me stretching at the end of Saturday's workout. I'm the one at far left end. Nice to see muscles in bum and legs firming up.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I'm sure I'm not doing 1/2 the work you're doing and I mentioned to my hubby yesterday 'I'm walking like an old woman!'

between the running and the biking and whatever my legs from glutes to calves are painful :) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, in some small sick way... lol

enjoy your recovery week! I know I am going to!