Monday, November 17, 2008

The Power of Together

When I began training for my first marathon in 2006, a friend e-mailed me this video about the Hoyts. Brenda, Louie, and the Hoyts planted the seed in my mind that it is possible for me to complete a triathlon like they have. We all have some sort of challenge that we face. In the end, if the program is followed, it's down to mind over matter and strong will and desire to accomplish our goals.

Together, Dick and Rick Hoyt have run in marathons, competed in triathlons, and once even trekked 3,700 miles across America. It's truly astounding when you consider that Rick Hoyt is unable to walk or talk. But with Dick supplying the ability and dedication and Rick the inspiration and motivation, Team Hoyt exemplifies the power that is in "Together."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this video!

o2bhiking said...

They have incredibly inspirational story, don't they? I saw them in the Rock N Roll Half in VA Beach in 2006 and it litterally brought tears to my eyes when the two of them went by. It was beyond inspirational!